Wednesday 4 September 2013

Family Home Evening

19.06.2013

Unfortunately, Oscar and I were still feeling a bit off colour this week, so we decided to put the FHE manual on hold this week and have a more informal night.
For dinner this week, I made stuffed pitta breads (quorn, salad, chilli sauce and yogurt sauce), they were fairly quick and light, but even so, Aimee was the only one who finished what was on her plate (also the only one who has not been complaining of a sore tummy).

Home Made Kebab Pitta Breads Salad

I had had a little look around You Tube in the afternoon to see if there was an appropriate movie that we could watch, and came up with this one,






Beginners Bible For Children  - Jesus Christ's Life Story

To be honest, I felt this was still a bit too old for Oscar, and although he watched some of it, he was bored fairly quickly because he couldn't follow the narrative.
As a result ...............

Oscar Fast Asleep

He was fast asleep beside me by 6pm. I am fairly certain this had a lot to do with us being a bit off colour though.
The rest of us did not much fancy watching the cartoon without Oscar, so we switched to this -





A childhood classic (if you were a child in the 1970's) Jesus Of Nazareth. Obviously we did not watch it all, so we have plenty left to watch should Oscar fall asleep during any future Family Home Evenings.
I guess I could say, this was not as successful as the last FHE's , but that would not be strictly true, because no matter how short it was, we still said prayers together, ate together and spent some time together.

Please leave me a comment in the comments section after each post, it's nice to know I am not talking to myself
Valerie
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment