Wednesday 4 September 2013

Yarn Along & Crochet Camp

17.07.2013

Crochet
This week is the beginning of KAT'S Crochet Camp. I have tried to crochet many many many times over the years and somehow just never managed it. Just before the release of Kat's beautiful BOOK Crochet At Play, I had another go at it with a You Tube tutorial and amazingly, it just 'stuck' that time. All I have managed to crochet so far are granny squares (I am fairly proud of them since I only learnt in April), so when Kat announced Crochet Camp and said it was suitable for beginners and FREE, well I was fairly excited.
Here is the tutorial for week 1 - CHERRY DELICIOUS POT HOLDER  and here are my step by step photos for the making of my pot holder.

24


35


36


37


38


43


44


45


46


Ok, so yes, its quite obviously not perfect, but you know, for a TOTAL beginner (I may be putting the term beginner to shame here also haha), I am fairly pleased with it. I am going to keep it as it is and marvel that I made something other than a granny square. 
I am looking forward to next weeks project already. If you haven't joined in with Crochet Camp I would really say have a go, there is a Facebook Group as well as  Kat's Blog and the people in the group are very helpful and some of the crochet projects being show are AMAZING.

Reading
As predicted I am still reading my SCRIPTURES and also JESUS THE CHRIST by James E Talmage, so this week I want to show you a new recipe book. 
I found this book pre-owned just 2 days after my most beloved Missionary ELDER BUTIKOFER left here for the next part of his mission. Elder Butikofer originates from IDAHO.


40

Its a funny old world sometimes is it not. Anyway, I bought the book because 1. I like to buy recipe books 2. I like to try food from different parts of the world and 3. It turns out there are a LOT of Missionaries from Idaho (we have had 2 different Missionaries visit this week and they were both from Idaho too).
Yesterday, the visiting Missionary had a look through the book and said, yes it is pretty authentic local food, so that made me happy.


41

42



The first thing I want to try is 'Old Fashioned Biscuits And Gravy', which I think, coincidentally, I saw a recipe for at some point on KAT'S BLOG. Although, maybe not all that coincidental since Kat was born and grew up in America too (Kat is from Iowa, which I do realise is over 1400 miles away from Idaho, but they are both closer to each other than they are to here lol).
I will keep you posted on how the Idaho cooking goes (Wynette, if you are reading this, pointers are very much accepted haha).

Slugs On The Refrigerator Crochet Camp

Please leave me a comment in the comments section after each post, it's nice to know I am not talking to myself
Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment