Wednesday 4 September 2013

Yarn Along & Crochet Camp Week 2

26.07.2013

Crochet
This week is week 2 of KAT'S Crochet Camp. I have tried to crochet many many many times over the years and somehow just never managed it. Just before the release of Kat's beautiful BOOK Crochet At Play, I had another go at it with a You Tube tutorial and amazingly, it just 'stuck' that time. All I have managed to crochet so far are granny squares (I am fairly proud of them since I only learnt in April), so when Kat announced Crochet Camp and said it was suitable for beginners and FREE, well I was fairly excited.
Here is the tutorial for week 2 GRANNY SQUARE BUNTING and here is this week's effort


63


65



66



These haven't been blocked yet (which will probably help a lot), but I think they are very cute none the less, and looks very nice against my new lilac wall.


Reading

67

I have only just started this book so I cant really say if it is any good yet. What I can say is that it seems like an easy read and the author is a member of my church LDS. Here is the official blurb on the book.
"This humorous book about mothers in all their varieties is one woman's journey from devoted daughter to loving mother to non-wicked stepmother to well-intentioned mother-in-law to doting grandmother. Humorous and heartwarming, like a warm fuzzy pair of slippers with a lollipop stuck to them."

Thanks for stopping bye, have a wonderful weekend
Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment