Wednesday 4 September 2013

Guilty?

08.06.2013

I certainly am, and I bet there are many people who are reading this can say the same, and that is, being guilty of preconceptions about the Missionaries from The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints.  I know that I have seen 2 earnest young men in white shirts and ties coming up my garden path or driveway and though 'Oh No its the Mormons, I need to get rid of them (because I am not interested in what they have to say). In a world where everyone is so pressed for time I can't criticise anyone for having too many things on their to do list, and feeling like they have no time to fit in a visit from a couple of smiling young strangers (often from foreign lands). 
Regardless of having any interest in joining the church, I  feel it is my duty to say, be kind to them, be as respectful to them as they are to you, and please remember they are away from their families, walking a difficult path and genuinely trying to bring joy to the lives of the people they come in contact with.
I thought you may find this video interesting.




I love the missionaries who have visited me, Elder McCarthy and Elder Butikofer, I love the ward missionary Anna who has helped me, and in fact there has been a light in the eyes of all of the missionaries I have met since first attending the church.  It is fairly obvious I think, sometimes we just don't look up from our own hectic lives long enough to see it.

22

 24

23
Not the best photo of me, but worth adding because Elder Butikofer looks so happy :)

 So what is it I really want to say? Well, I guess I want to say, if you want to invite Heavenly Father into your life, there is no better way to do it (in my personal opinion), than to invite his ambassadors from The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints into your home for a chat. If you already have your own faith or are not interested in religion, all I  say is, be kind to these young men and women because their motives are pure, and contrary to popular misconceptions, they do know how to take no for an answer.

25
26
27


Another video - I LOVE this video of Al Fox, also known as The tattooed mormon :)





Have a Glorious Weekend
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment