Wednesday 4 September 2013

Yarn Along And Banana Bread


Knitting
I finished the 'Freddy' jumper for Oscar  (see the last yarn along), yesterday and he was fairly pleased with it, although I was informed that sometimes Freddy's jumper has a blue stripe on it (I actually knew that, but decided to skip it).


31
Oscar being Freddy

I have only just started my next project, which is a Prayer Shawl from Lion Brand free patterns (based on this one HERE, you need to be a member of the site to view it though). 
33

I knitted 2 shawls last year, but one I gave to my mother-in-law and the other, Duncan shrank in the wash. Hopefully this one will stick around and be as squishy and comforting as I anticipate.

Reading
I am of course still reading the same as as last week.

9
And I may be on these for quite a while, but I have added a new 'religious' book to the collection, only this one is for Oscar.

30
The illustraitons in this book are SO cute, although I was surprised to see someone in biblical times using a telephone. I love Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen, so I was prepared to overlook the phone in exchange for otherwise excellent art work. Oscar sat through the first few stories and then asked to take the book to bed for some more, that is a sign of a good choice for a 4 year old.
And finally ....
Yesterday was Duncan's birthday, and the Missionaries from the church baked him some Banana Bread and brought it over. I have to say, I was impressed by their thoughtfullness but a little wary of the taste, but it is absolutely delicious. 

32
The Elders Banana Bread

Afternoon tea was extra specially good, since I didnt even have to make the cake myself.

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment