Wednesday 4 September 2013

Yarn Along


Knitting
Yesterday was a bit of a down day for me here, I was feeling a bit low (nothing serious, just a bit tired I expect), and the weather was pretty horrible (rainy but warm). We had nothing really planned except meal times and laundry and so I turned to my favorite pick me up, knitting and cake.

yarn, tea, cake


I have not been knitting much lately so I scooped up some squishy grey yarn and set about making THIS baby vest (not for myself, unfortunately). I know that bloggers everywhere rave about the MILO BABY VEST but for some strange reason I have never really been very happy making it.  I also know that grey yarn is not everyone's cup of cocoa when it comes to baby clothing, but for some reason I really love it (my sister and I grew up in grey hand knit school cardigans so maybe it has something to do with that).  The Tiny Trees Pattern was very simple to follow (and free), and so I think I will be making a few of them in different colours.

baby vest knitting

20

Aren't these tiny bee buttons just so cute?

Reading
I have been reading the same books as the last few yarn alongs (Jesus The Christ, The Book Of Mormon, The Holy Bible), so instead of a book I thought you might like to see a magazine, published by my Church.

21

22


23


The Ensign is there for everyone to enjoy HERE ON LDS . ORG to download or listen to. You can also subscribe to paper copies (like I have done). I am really enjoying reading the Ensign each month, it is an excellent way to stay current in some of the Church teachings, and I feel it brings the church together on a national and international level. Well worth a peek I would say.

Please leave me a comment in the comments section after each post, it's nice to know I am not talking to myself
Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment